home  wiki

CommitteeMeetingMinutes20030109

Melbourne Wireless Inc. Committee Meeting
Please address all comments and queries to the committee.
Attendance at committee meetings is by invitation from the committee only.
Members and the general public are welcome to attend any general meeting.


Date Thursday 9th Janurary 2003

Start 8:00PM

Finish 9:00PM

Location: Solomon Room
Ian Wark Laboratory
Bayview Avenue
Clayton VIC 3168

Attendees:


Apologies


1. Opening Remarks (TC)

TC> All been on holidays enjoying themselves - hope all have enjoyed break and built antennas. Need to get back to work, holidays are over���¢�¯�¿�½���¦ Good to be back. We have all been a little bit slack since last meeting.

2. Correspondence (VT)

TM> Area groups & email lists to be set up
TM> Should we have a group administrator for each of the regional groups.

VT> Each groups will be asked to report once every 3 or so months

DD> Have to be careful small groups don't break off (if things go bad, re: perth).

TC> MW has been fairly open to scrutiny unlike other state groups, e3, sydwireless, etc

TC> have a daily or weekly digest of each of the regional groups

VT> concerns about people wanting to tell info only on a regional group and not to a main list.

TC> email will still be stored somewhere regardless of whether they want info stored or not.

VT> ask group if they want digests posted to the list

DD> many of our resources are not easily understood by newbies

TC> intentions to bring back mail archives - issues of workload required to maintain, etc
TC> obfuscation of emails in the archives possible

TM> for these to be set up

TC> regional groups are being taken from the locfinder

TM> so lists are going to be sent to the main MW list and people who want to join up


3. Membership (VT)

VT> online database system ?

TC> online system up, few people with passwords

JH> remind members that there is no meeting this month

VT> is there a paid up members email list ?
TC> yes - through a web system - plain text emails only.
Details of membership will not be published due to privacy requirements, and will instead be minuted by the Secretary.

4. Financial Report (JH)

TC> Approx $1500, statements at home. Major expense will be the banner.

4.1 Budget
Expecting $300 for the banner and $150 - 180 for xmas bbq. There were some donations.

4.2 House bill status
To be resolved at next meeting

5. Business

TC> 8 scheduled events Cut and paste Tyson's email for the events being held

TC> Tickets to be distributed
TC> Alternative computing to be prepared for BDI

VT> we should have had tshirts
VT> will investigating pricing
TM> look at it as potential revenue raiser
DD> put margin on it
TC> Look at getting polo shirts
DD> get embroidered work
TM> Collared shirt ? TM> Vinyl stickers DD> investigate pricing. VT, DD, TM, TC> Ultimately want to pay $15 for Tshirt and $25 for a polo. More for non-members
TM> we need to form a system for responding to emails and communicating to members.
TC> we should note on the website that there is no committee activity over the holiday period
TM> need to improve how we communicate.


6. Task List

DD> Through Robert Tchia (through External linkhttp://www.nodedb.com/australia/), Channel 9 today show interview. Want to do story on CWN - want to film stuff in action. They want to see what they can do. Mz Megabyte. Voice and video over IP, gaming across wireless. Choose a group that are doing it - VT or Julian's setup. They want to see setup, they want to see groups using it. Show between 2 houses. Tysons car, can download music from someone's house. Explanation of how it synchronises with mp3 collection at home. Avoid mention of wardriving, internet connection sharing, mp3 sharing. Want to do something in the next couple of weeks. Should promote locfinder and have lots of MW logo and web address. We need to find out who and where is going to be shot.
VT> Speak to Dlink re: Micheal Florence for equipment - are they prepared to donate equipment.
VT> Contact Julian if he wants to do it. TC to be interviewed as a front for MW
DD> we need to be organise things so that we can get back to them with specifics about what they want.
TM> really something the propaganda group should look at.
TM> Working groups to be cleaned out and confirmed if still active
TC> MelbPC users group, DD's email to the committee for ideas on topics to be presented.


Action points:


Version 1 (current) modified Tue, 03 Jul 2007 23:11:56 +1000 by graybeard
[EditText] [Spelling] [Current] [Raw] [Code] [Diff] [Subscribe] [VersionHistory] [Revert] [Delete] [RecentChanges]
> home> about> events> files> members> maps> wiki board   > home   > categories   > search   > changes   > formatting   > extras> site map

Username
Password

 Remember me.
>

> forgotten password?
> register?
currently 0 users online
Node Statistics
building122
gathering192
interested464
operational249
testing200